Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Weekly Weigh-in and the good ol' honest truth...

I am 155 lbs today.

And I've been religiously counting all of my calories on Sparkpeople. and today I reviewed them. I am consistently eating over my caloric needs. This is why I am not losing weight.
Luckily I do work out for at least 5 hours a week, so I haven't gained, I'm maintaining.

what to do?
I"m not sure. I'm going to tweak what I eat, and not allow any more indulgences. (no more cake, cookies, chocolate) It's weird. Even though I *know* what I am eating, I still eat upwards of 1700 calories a day.

Moderation is key. Consistency is key. My goal is to eat about 1400 calories a day, continue my high level of activity, and have fun while doing it! There is no race to lose the last 15 lbs. However long it takes, is however long it takes. I will not give up.

I didn't blog last week. I just didn't want to think about my weight loss that day.

7 comments:

WWSuzi said...

I know you can do it :)
"hugs" for a bad week, but your back and you are strong!!
YOU GO GIRL

Dr Wednesday said...

I had the something like that happen when I was using them to track calories... only my calories weren't consistent daily. I had a huge pattern. If I could stay on plan one or two days, by the third day I would just be starving. I would go nuts and eat so much that day it was almost an EXACT calorie overload to make up for my previous 1 or 2 day calorie deficits. That impressed me. Of course, I think I was "naturally" averaging over 2,200/day... so that wasn't quite a maintenance amount.

I think maintenance is great- so so much better than up and down. I hope the tweaking comes easily for you this week!

mak'n Changes said...

I am really proud of you Angela! You could have balooned back up to where you started but you have maintained a huge amount of lost weight! You are an inspiration, and I know you will reach your goal and maintain it. What a learning journey you are undertaking. Im real proud of you!
cindie

Jules said...

You'll get there. At least you KNOW you're maintaining and later will know what you can do. I bet if you really looked hard you might be able to trim calories in other ways and still not "deprive" yourself at least 1x a week. You'll figure it out. you've done it so far. it just sucks that the less you "weigh" seems like th harder it is and the more you have to work and the less you have to eat. That SUCKS! BUT well worth it. Of course living in (oven like temps) AZ doesn't help either. Makes us not want to leave the house and do what we gotta do. that heat is killer when it comes to motivating a person. I promise when you get to washington the lush green will draw you outside, even when it's sprinkling all day. :)

Unknown said...

I think it's great that you're AWARE of what you're doing. That's where I always screwed up in the past. Not paying attention. It's also cool to know that you can maintain, another thing most people trip up on. So no, there's no race to get the last 15 off, but you've developed (and honed) the tools you need to maintain.

Just call me Polly Positive! LOL

Fatty Cake Heather said...

It's always nice when you figure out what you're doing that keeps you from loosing. I started a calendar with symbols so that I couldn't always be thinking I was doing great...when in reality I had about as many off days. Keep up the good work!

Winderdoodle said...

You're inspiring. I just read through some of your blogs and it's great. Regardless of losing the last 15 or not ... you've done so well! I'm in process of doing the same thing. I've lost 100 pounds and am gearing up for my last 50. I'll be coming back often to cheer you on!

Wendy

http://wendyweightlossjournal.blogspot.com