I'm at that point that people in AA refer to as a tough time. Plenty of people have told me that around 90 days I may start to feel like I'm not an alcoholic and that I might try and have a drink. Since random substance testing is hanging over my head, I don't really fear that. However, the thought has crossed my mind, and I have caught myself saying out loud "Let's take a vacation when I can drink again." Most of my friends have said that they understand this and feel that I don't have a drinking problem anyway and that they believe I can and will drink again. If I said these thoughts to people in AA I know the type of reaction it will garner. "Just go ahead and have a drink...you'll see what will happen...we will welcome you back as soon as you realize that you and alcohol don't mix."
Well, I don't have the desire to drink. But I do anticipate wanting to drink again come August 2011. Luckily, I have plenty of time to decide what I will do then.
Other than booze, which isn't even something I think about often anymore....
-School is chugging along....pesky thesis needs to be written....
-My boyfriend is awesome, supportive, sexy, and amazing !!!
-I've been working out like crazy and loving it!
-I've been laughing and enjoying life :) and I'm happy :)!!
Wednesday, November 3, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment