Saturday, March 24, 2012

Things are changing...

I'm moving to Los Angeles in 7 weeks! Not only am I starting a new chapter in my professional life, I'm also starting my life with my boyfriend. We have been long distance for two years and it is definitely time for us to be together. I'm currently looking for jobs that relate to my dissertation topic (Latino LGBTQ homeless youth). I've found a few agencies that are hiring client advocates, which is something I'm really looking forward to doing.

I've also decided that I'm tired of hating on myself. I'm tired of beating myself up for being fat/ugly/stupid, all the dumb things my inner dialogue consists of. Instead I'm going to love myself, recognize my strengths and realize that I have lots of love in my life. Not only do I have an amazing boyfriend, but I have wonderful friends who truly like to be around me. I have to stop beating myself up. So I'm changing the focus of this blog from weight loss to an anthropological field journal. Which may consist of weight loss talk from time to time. Really it will chronical my life as I continue to grow as a researcher and a scholar.

No comments: