Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Reasons why I lost weight--plus, weekly weigh-in

So, housekeeping first: I weighed in at 151.8 today. Which is +.2 lbs more than I was last week. But I'm not going to worry about it, because I know I ate within my point allowance, as well as got LOADS of exercise in,(an hour a day for the last 10 days! I even had sex and burned off more calories! lol.) So I'm just going to stick with what I've been doing and hopefully have a better report for next Wednesday.

I actually cleaned off my desk yesterday and I found a little post-it note that had fallen in between my keyboard and my monitor. On it I have listed possible names for my children. I'm not married and I'm not even in a seriously committed relationship, BUT I know that someday I want to have a child or two. I was told by a doctor that if I didn't lose weight, I would NEVER have children. This was one of the reasons I decided to start losing weight. Around 175 lbs, I started getting my period again, and I realized I needed to worry about birth control again, so I had an IUD implanted. I haven't had any problems with it (except for the first one falling out!) and I do recommend it for women who know that they don't like hormones and don't want kids for a number of years. Oh, and I do have one continual partner, and if I ever have a new one, you MUST use condoms...okay off the soapbox...

Anyway the point is, I wanted to lose weight to be reproductively healthy, and I am. I've gone ahead and lost 25 more lbs, and would like to lose 15 more. but my little post-it of hope/encouragement is still here and in a way it is still very relevant. I not only want to have children, I want to be healthy enough to run and play with them, to live a long life with them and to teach them how to eat and be healthy and strong. So I've reposted the list on the edge of my monitor, so that I can read those names and promise my children-to-be that I will continue to be healthy for them.

3 comments:

Jules said...

Aawww.... Congrats. Your future kids will be ever so happy adn thankful for such a great mom. They aren't even here yet and your already looking to protecting them and making them happy!

Kudo's! I don't know about you but this heat is making me bloat... So I'm glad to hear your not worried about the .2lbs :)

Have a great rest of the week and stay cool. :)

Dr Wednesday said...

You're gonna be the best momma! I want to babysit for you, but tell you little brainiac babies to go easy on me... yeah- apparently I've decided you're kids are going to be real smart.

Unknown said...

Hi, Angela. Lynn here from over at Refuse to Regain. Thanks for posting on our blog. Hope you don't mind, but I added you to my blog roll at my personal site, Lynn's Weigh. I'm so glad to "find" you. Love your blog, your writing, your insight.

This post about your children was a good reminder to me of why I'm working so hard to stay where I am. My daughter is having my second grandchild in a few weeks and, while I spent a good deal of my own children's life obese, I don't want to miss out on anything with my grandkids, if I can help it.