Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Changing Weigh-in days

I've made some decisions in the last several hours....
Last night I celebrated a friend's birthday and had some beer and shots. Then on the way home I stopped in at a McDonalds (actually two, the first one was closed....) and got a Quarter Pounder meal with a Diet Coke. As I sat in the parking lot and ate, something I swore I would never do again...I realized that I was falling back into my old familiar pattern. Get drunk then eat thousands of calories. The burger was delicious....
But, since it is the first of the month and a time for new beginnings, I have decided to stop this cycle before it begins. No alcohol for me until August 1st. Also, I will begin tracking my food and make the promise to myself that I will do this for a full four months. Also no dairy, it makes me feel tired and sick.

To recap:
For the next four months I will
-abstain from alcohol and dairy products
-track all my food
-work more physical activity into my day
-actually try and lose weight, rather than just talk about it....
fyi-I'm back at 155 lbs. but I FEEL lean....

2 comments:

Dr Wednesday said...

You are lean lady- and amazing! It's hard to avoid old habits. I keep a lame-o excel sheet so I have something to focus on... I'll send it to ya, but don't bother looking if you don't want to. I think it's great for when I need the big picture.

Jules said...

It's hard to stay on track and keep the focus. it's even easier to fall into old ruts. I too did that last night and today had to resolve NOT to do it again... again :) You CAN do this, it just takes a little uuummmppphhh!! And from reading your blog, you have the uuummmpphhh that it takes. You can do this and I'm excited to read the weeks to come :)