Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Fitness through the Holidays

I have been very dedicated to going to the gym three days a week for the past 5 months. It helps that my trainers are awesome and that their program is unique. I'm sure there are other programs like this, kind of like group circuit training. I go in the mornings around 5:30 am with a group of likewise dedicated ladies. I think we really keep each other motivated and we care about one another. So sometimes I'm lying in bed and I think, 'I don't want to get up, it's so cold. But if I don't get up, Linda will wonder where I was, and I wonder if Sandy's son feels better? Oh fine, I'll just get up and go see them!" Then I'm up and out the door!

I know I"ve gained muscle because there have been weeks where I didn't lose very much weight, but my clothes became way too big. Both of my trainers, Bob and Matt, say that during the holidays most people forgo going to the gym. This is the EXACT time that people need to make sure that they burn those extra calories!! So Bob and Matt are taking 2 weeks off due to lack of participation, but they are going to post the workouts at the gym and we are free to come in and do them ourselves. I'm making the commitment to do this.

I am also making the commitment to a 6 week challenge that I read about through spunkisuzi.

That challenge happens to be the exact amount of time it will take me to get to my goal weight on the fast. I WILL be 133 lbs by January 31st. This will equal an unbelieveable 90 lb loss!

3 comments:

Brightcetera said...

Hi! I read your comment on SpunkySuzi's blog and I'm very happy that you'll be joining us on our 6 week challenge to be uber disciplined!!!
I'll add your name to my blog post to show that you're in, ok?
Glad to have you along!

Brightcetera said...

Oh, and I wanted to congratulate you on your amazing weight loss!
It takes such determination and will to reach these weight loss goals...you've earned it!

Penny Dreadful said...

Thank you so much! I just started this blog and I really appreciate you taking the time to comment. It helps so much to know that there are others going through the same things!