Saturday, December 20, 2008

I purchased a new camera!

I'm very excited about it! I bought it from my friend Matt and I am very very impressed with it so far.

It is super tiny and slim, and I can take it with me wherever I go! This is Matt and I during/after the exchange!
We were at a Sweet Tomatoes and we got the drink attendant to take our picture. She was a cute sweet older lady who seemed kind of apologetic about her picture taking skills. I think it turned out fine! It was my first time at a buffet in about a year and I have to say, I'm quite proud of myself. I didn't gorge myself until I wanted to die, like I thought I might!

However, I did stop to do some Christmas shopping dangerously close to an awesome bakery downtown. Tammie Coe's! This lady has made fondant icing (european icing) a favorite in Phoenix.

I ended up thinking about her red velvet/buttercream frosting cupcakes, and had to stop in. I do a really weird thing...whenever I get a pastry, I HAVE to have a cup of black coffee with it, which I for some reason sweeten with Splenda. Why don't I just use sugar?! It's like a diet coke with a large fry and a hamburger. Makes no sense.....Here is my contraband:
I must have got a little excited, b/c as you can see I did spill my americano a little. The espresso was great! Illy brand is my favorite, much better than that shit they serve at Starbucks....ahem...yes I still work at the bux on the weekends.......But our cupcakes are nothin' like the ones at Tammy Coe's! Deelish!

So my willpower is low to say the least and I'm lacking motivation in the weight loss department. So I posed for some pics to get my mind back to where it needs to be for me to succeed. I'm a little bloated from lunch. But this awful, dangerous, and unhealthy abdominal fat is exactly what I need to lose. The top picture was taken about 2 months ago when I was starting to feel skinny. The bottom pic was taken today. Honestly, I don't see much of a difference. hmm. I also purchased the latest O magazine, hoping to find some answers. It is the one where Oprah says she fell off the wagon and 2009 is going to be the year we should all put ourselves first. She's annoying, but she might be right!

1 comment:

WWSuzi said...

You look fabulous!! That's what i'm going to have to get one of these days a small camera mine's one of the old ones and quite heavy and bulky :)