About a week ago I agreed to take part in a 6 week challenge. Although I would never admit failure...it has definitely been a challenge. On the other hand, I have had some great times and been to great parties! So, although I didn't follow my plan this past week, I will make great efforts to stick to the plan, without beating myself up about it.
Here are some of the great things that happened:
Christmas-turkey, gravy, stuffing, cookies!! deelish! In the evening..I went to my good friends' house and threw back a couple.

Then on Saturday, there was another get-together at a friends' home. I brought my mom, since she never gets out, and we both had a great time!
She said something to me this morning that made me feel a lot better. She said that I have no deadline to be 130lbs. and when I do get there, it will be at the right time. I have a weigh-in at my doctor's today, so I'm nervous, but I have to remember some important things:
I've lost 60+ lbs. I'm only 30 away from goal. I really only need to lose 20 to be in a healthy weight range. And most importantly: I feel great! I am healthy, have a great job, and I have friends who care about me, and parents who love me. These are the important things in life.



5 comments:
The holidays are a time to live and enjoy. Its a festive time of year. Don't worry about celebrating just get back on.
:) Glad you had a good time over Christmas!
Hope you had a good holiday!
sounds like you have a very healthy outlook!
You rocked the holidays kiddo :)
Your friend gave you great advice. It's so easy to get overwhelmed and then throw in the towel. Believe me I know. It was the tortoise tha won the race you know!
found you through Katschis 6 week challenge!!
Great blog!
:)
Post a Comment