Monday, March 16, 2009

Life is good.

I just got back into town yesterday. I went on a trip to Washington State University (Go Cougars!) to see their anthropology program. Basically, they are offering me a full ride scholarship and I already have a TA-ship with a monthly stipend. This is the only firm offer I've recieved from a school so far. I have until April 15th to decide. I think I'm going to take it....but I am going to wait for UC Boulder to get back in touch with me. Also, Texas A and M, needs to send me something.

The trip was all inclusive, so my meals were provided for me. I gained a pound, which could have been a lot worse I think. Mostly we ate fried, cheesy crap and my blood sugar and energy levels were crazy. I also drank alcohol two nights in a row, which is a lot for me. So, luckily I only gained 1 lb. I also utilized the gym that was in the hotel, and we walked a few miles everyday, so that helped a bit.

I'm getting back on track today and eating tons of vegetables. Back to real life.....

1 comment:

Jules said...

That's Awesome! Congrats on the offer from WSU. I lived in Wa for 4 1/2 and loved it; coming from Az... it was a nice change. :) I still miss it, all that green and the ocean being so much closer... aahhh, good memories :)

I hope the other offers come in soon for you so that you have plenty of time to decide. Hopefully you'll get the program and school your wishing for :)

And no worries on that pound, you'll lose it this week... easy :)