Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Day 2

Today, I am hurting a little. I have a raging migraine and I don't know if it has to do with my menstrual cycle or the fast.

Some positive things I've already noticed:

I really enjoy eating vegetables and fruits. Especially the kale!

I woke up today with NO nasal congestion and very little post-nasal drip. (This has been something plaguing me for the last two years. Doctors just tell me to use over the counter allergy meds.) I'm excited and nervous to discover what this allergy may be triggered by when I reintroduce foods. I have a feeling it is processed grains, sugar, or dairy. I am a cheese lover from way back.

I'm really enjoying all the herbal teas I'm drinking! They are so far a lovely treat that breaks up the monotony. Especially the fruit infused ones.

The weirdest things I've noticed/remembered from my previous fast:

My stomach/intestines make really loud, awkward noises as I digest foods.

I've had 2 bowel movements today, which is one more than normal for me....I know this is probably a very good thing. Sorry for the TMI.

I KNOW day 3 is the hardest for me. This is what I remember as a long, tiring day...but I will survive, just as I have a few other times.

No comments: