I've decided to start blogging again, with no explanation, other than I feel the need to. So rather than bore myself or anyone who might happen to read this....Here is a quick rundown of the last six months...
I went to Africa and it was an amazing experience!
I am now a PhD student.
I'll be done with course work in May and am planning on moving to Los Angeles to be with my boyfriend.
As far as my boyfriend and I are concerned, we are doing really well. Relationships can be difficult, but we truly love and respect each other. We've even talked about getting married, which is both frightening and exciting.
Okay, now to the super awesome fast of 2012!
Reasons for the fast: I was gluttonous over the Christmas break. I want to give my digestive system a little break. I want to restart some healthy food habits so that I can be strong and continue monitoring/reducing my body fat percentage.
The fast is more accurately a modified juice fast. This means that there are some solid foods ingested. I've read a lot of books on the subject and I know what I can and cannot do since I did complete a 4 month fast 4 years ago.
Here is the menu:
1st ten days.....
-high quality fresh fruit and vegetable juice (at least 24 ounces)
-herbal tea (no caffeine)
-fresh or lightly steamed vegetables
-fresh fruit
-olive oil
-flax seed oil
-vinegar
-spices
-vitamins
2nd ten days....
all of the above, with the addition of
-quinoa
-bulgur
-nuts
-vegetable soups
-eggs
3rd ten days....
all of the above, with the addition of
-salmon
-avocado
-green tea
-potatoes
30+ days....
reintroduce almond milk, pasta, some cheeses, soy yogurt, granola
This reintroduction to the healthy diet that I enjoy is something I will probably have to do again in my life. When I don't take time to prepare healthy food I end up gorging on high caloric crap. I'm also happier when I don't eat diary, yet I often forget this. Here is to new challenges!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment