Monday, January 12, 2009

Doctor's Appointment- 15 lbs gone!

Well my appointment went so very very well today! And I did something that I haven't done in a long time....I WENT TO THE GYM!!!! And I feel great about it. My trainer said he was gonna email me today if I hadn't shown up. I'm a little sore, and my heart felt like it was gonna pop out of my chest, but all in all I feel great.

More about the appointment....The dietician in the office said I was doing wonderfully on the diet and that I should expect to lose about 7 lbs in the next 2 weeks. Then she said that I only have 72 days until I hit 125. !!! Who wants to weigh 125?! I'd look ill!! What is the matter with these people? I do know that I used to think they were crazy when they told me I'd weigh less than 160, and now I'm 150 and I feel like I definitely have at least 10 more lbs to lose. But I don't want to weigh 125. Maybe I'll feel differently at 135......

I have a date on Friday. I am terrified. I really really really want to go, but there are issues. Always....issues. The event is to kick off the P.F. Chang's Rock and Roll Marathon and they will be providing free food and alcohol. Those are, possibly, my favorite four words in the English language: "free food and alcohol". And I know I will partake. Unless I don't go. But I really want to go. It is at a very expensive and fancy (by Arizona standards) resort, the Arizona Biltmore. And I don't always have a reason to go there, and the gift bags are great! ( I went last year, and they gave everyone a bottle of champagne! ) So I am going. But I will NOT, CANNOT let one night ruin my diet. I will return to the diet immediately the next morning. This is final.

Update:
I now have TWO dates this weekend. On Saturday night I'm going out with another guy to a Tapas and Tequila party at a resort....again...I desperately want to go...I will not beat myself up about it and instead be smart. I will watch my portions, and only have three glasses of wine. I can do it. Who wants to be smashed on a date anyway?! Just because I'm cheating, doesn't mean it has to turn into a binge.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You should enjoy yourself!! I know how hard it is to lose weight! I've been on a diet voor 8 month now and I lost 16 pounds. I stil have to lose 20 pounds...pfff.

Have fun!

xxx Bar.

Penny Dreadful said...

Thank you! I think 'moderation' is the key to this situation.

I looked at your website, and it is beautiful!!