I've been a very good girl, and as of yet I haven't had any of my crazy cravings or thoughts about ruining my diet.
However, I am obsessed again with food planning for the future. I get like this, where I just watch the Food Network and think about food I'm going to eat someday. Yesterday in fact I did a weeks worth of menus that combined both Dr. Weil's Anti-inflammatory plan with Weight Watchers. Having never 'done' WW, I'm not sure if the daily point value is good for weight loss, but I think it is good for maintenance. (between 20-24 a day). So at least I have a plan that I can follow once I"m down to goal.
I told everyone in my life that I would only do the fast until the end of January, but now I'm thinking until the end of February. This of course, freaked my mom out. She knows how crazy the fast makes me. How do people decide a goal weight? If I went by what my doctor says, I'd be 125 lbs. That seems too small to me. I like how I look around 145, but I know that would be on the heavier side of a healthy weight range. So that's why I picked 130...but 135 sounds good too....AAARRRGHH!!!!
Well, my weight today is 157, which is a loss of 8 lbs from Thursday. (It's all water I'm sure, but after this, any loss will be fat.)
After a great suggestion from a co-worker, I'm going to treat myself after every 10 lbs loss.
1st 10 lbs= Hair trim/color
2nd 10 lbs= Pedicure
3rd 10 lbs= Fantastically gorgeous peacoat! (They should be on sale in Phoenix by the end of Feb.)
*FiTCETERA*: Scale Love Sunday
Sunday, January 4, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



6 comments:
8 lbs!!! OMG!
I know, sounds dangerous, huh? I agree completely. The diet I'm on causes you to lose 1/2 a pound a day on average. So, like anything, the weight loss is dramatic in the beginning, then slows down to like 2 lbs a week by the end.
The trick is sticking to eating practically nothing. blah.
man, I could NOT do it. I'd be gnawing on...everything.
take care of yourself as you go...
Wow! 8 lbs is great! Good for you!
Miz: Thanks for commenting! I do try and take care of my mental health above all. Dieting is rough! Also, my doctor gives me blood tests/ check-ups every two weeks to monitor my health.
Tena: Thanks for the encouragement! I need it!
Hi Angela,
I'm just popping in to see how you're doing. Hope all is well at your end.
Post a Comment