Okay. First I want to apologize to my friends and family who have said this same thing to me over the last few months. I am sorry.
Let me explain:
Today I was overheard by a coworker, N, saying that I was so depressed because of the fast. I was so hungry and unhappy and it is so hard.
He looked at me like I was crazy and said "I'm not a doctor, but you do NOT need to lose any more weight. 20 lbs? I don't think you need to lose 20 lbs." and a light went off in my head. He is absolutely right. I could lose 20 lbs. but I don't NEED to lose 20 lbs.
I am giving a big 'f-you' to the fast and embracing sensible weight loss/maintenence from here on out! I'm going to be counting points and eating fruit and oatmeal!!!! you don't know how happy that makes me! I was so afraid of being a failure, but I"M NOT ONE! I've lost 30% of my body weight!!! that is insane! Here are pics for perspective:
I"m so happy about my decision. I feel like a tremendous weight has lifted off my shoulders. I will start posting my new food diary tomorrow. My new goal is a sensible 1 to 2 lbs a week until I lose an additional 15 lbs.
I need encouragement! Please! I'm excited but also a little scared!



2 comments:
I do believe your making a sound decision!! So much better for your health and your looking so awesome :)
I love ya gal!! You are so RIGHT! You can keep it all up!
Post a Comment