Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Giant leap back on the path to adulthood....

So although I try to be a nice girl 80% of the time, I do tend to be naughty 20%. I had an amazing date with a wonderful man on Friday. Everything you wish for in a man. Kind, funny, talkative, interesting, successful, handsome, a real gentleman. Then I had plans on Saturday that fell through, I ended up getting gussied up and hit the town alone. Bad idea. I don't weigh as much as I used to (yay!) so I cannot drink as much as I used to (boo!). But old bartenders who remembered me from my drinking days still continued to serve me as though I was 60 lbs heavier. And of course, if they pour, I drink. We settled into our old relationship quite quickly.

Driving drunk is never a good idea. Driving while hammered, is even worse. Drunk dialing the gentleman that you had a great date with 24 hours before, is worse than death. I had to apologize to him the next day. and to my car. which now has a nice dent in it. So he cancelled our lunch plans for yesterday, says he was in meetings all day, but of course I can't help but think it was really due to the fact that I'm a naughty girl, and what nice guy wants a naughty girl. (who probably should have gotten a DUI.) He says he still wants to see me. I guess we will see what happens. This is why I should not drink. Ever.

So I constantly throw roadblocks in my path to greatness. Why is that? I'm restarting my diet today. I haven't weighed myself in a week, b/c I don't want to be discouraged. My size 10 pants still fit, snug, so I haven't totally gone off the deep end. But I'd like to be in 8's by the end of February.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I don't think this means you should never drink, ever. It likely means that your limit has changed, and mind it. I can't drink much, and I weigh more than you. I, however, stop just as I'm starting to feel buzzed. Otherwise it makes me feel ill and I fall asleep. Lucky me, I live in a city, never need to drive, especially drunk. I can walk, bike, bus, taxi, not endanger others.